A typical full home assessment includes:
- Goals. A clear dialogue with you about your concerns, goals and budget;
- Inspection. I’ll go over your home in detail from top to bottom and try to help you see your own place through my expert eyes. This will include assessment to:
- Weak-link analysis. Identify the dominant pathways for uncontrolled heat flow in your home. I’ll use advanced thermal imaging techniques where appropriate to highlight problems with the home’s thermal envelope;
- Passive solar situation. Assess it’s current overall merit (or lack) in regards to passive solar configuration and potential;
- Heating and cooling. Assess the state of the heating and/or cooling systems;
- Hot water. Is your hot water up to scratch?
- Solar potential. What potential does you home have get rooftop solar PV?
- Energy bills. I’ll take a look at your energy bills to see if you’re paying a fair price from a quality retailer.
- Analysis and recommendations. I’ll give you a prioritised list of recommendations to improve your home. Where appropriate (depending on what I find) I would normally expect to:
- Draught-proofing specification. Fixing the draughts is usually the low-hanging fruit. I’ll provide a detailed specification and for Ecomaster to treat your draughts;
- Insulation upgrade. A specification and quote for Ecomaster to fit or upgrade ceiling and underfloor insulation;
- Glazing upgrade. I’ll make specific proposals to upgrade your glazing. This might include secondary glazing such as Ecoglaze from Ecomaster, or suggestions for new double glazing;
- Systems upgrade proposals. Where appropriate I’ll make recommendations for upgrade, installation or repair of heating, cooling and hot water. I’ll make suggestions about what to choose and, where appropriate, suggested providers.
- Declaration of interest. In regards suppliers, I’ll be completely up-front if and how I may have a vested interest;
- On-site review. Before I leave your place I’ll take you through my tentative findings;
- Report. I’ll prepare a report containing all this;
- Energy Freedom. I’ll provide you with a free copy of my book ‘The Energy Freedom Home’.
By prior agreement I’ll increase or reduce the scope as required to meet your needs.
I’ll travel to you within Victoria to perform the assessment in your own home. Travel of more than two hours (return) will be charged extra.
Time with you in the home is normally 3- 5 hours. Then I’ll spend time as required to prepare the report etc.
Full assessment is $700.